Bird Language, 13.5” x 9.5”, Kiln fired glass paint in traditional leaded glass panel
Glass by Dea: 28 Ford Road, Germantown 12526
201-572-9362 | Handicap accessible
Dea Archbold is an experienced kiln fired glass painting artist
with skills in all stages of leaded and foiled glass window construction,glass fusing, window restoration and commission work.
Her home studio is capable of all stages of stained glass window production with its focus on kiln fired glass painting. There are two kilns on site.The techniques are centuries old but the designs and style are non-traditional.
For the artist, this process is about the love of painting
and the inclination to depict things tangible in relation to birds.
Their world overlaps our world, sharing similar spaces, literally and symbolically.
Dea is a descendant from the original german Palatines who settled Germantown in 1710. After spending time in Warwick NY and NJ, doing subcontracting work for a number of glass studios and raising a family, she returned to this area in 2004.
Glass educational background includes;
– Studying The Art of Painting on Glass under Albin Elskus
– Study of Glass Fusing at Arrowmont Arts and Craft School, Tennessee . with Gil Reynolds
Working with glass Studios;
– DC Glass studios, Germantown, NY
– Sundog Stained Glass Studio, Sugarloaf, NY
* fabrication of artist/author Frederick Franck’s glass series
“ The Tao of the Cross” and “ The Oxherding Parable”
– Golden Aged Glass Works, Warwick NY
– Stained Glass & Pottery, Sugarloaf, NY
– 6th Dimension Design, Buffalo, NY
– Glasko, Buffalo, NY
On the Edge, 9.5” x 7.5”, kiln fired glass paint in traditional leaded glass panel